Two Months

It’s been two months since I last posted here. I feel really bad for neglecting my blog and even worse for abandoning my blogger friends. I apologise!

I have been reflecting on why and it’s hard to explain. The writing drought hasn’t been confined to here. I haven’t written a single word for my stories in these two months. I haven’t edited anything either. I feel completely uninspired and everything is a bit meh.

I was so excited when I finally moved into MY house. This was my new start and I confess I kind of expected things to flow and naturally fall into place. Except they didn’t. At least they haven’t yet.

We didn’t want to hold up the house sale any longer so we didn’t wait for Barely Husband’s purchase to go through. Me, being a lovely person (yes, I can be nice) told him he could stay with me and Raven until everything was sorted. Well, he’s still there.

I don’t like it. He doesn’t like it but his purchase has been marred by a series of cock-ups by the rookie seller’s solicitor (fuck you, UK house buying process).

I guess I can attribute my low to that, at least partially. I feel cockblocked. I can go out if I want to and he won’t say anything (I have been out) but I don’t like being watched. Who does?

I decided to start writing here, even if it’s a shitty post, so I can try to drive myself out of this funk. Thank you for sticking by.

Buying a house is exhausting; moving house is exhausting; trying to find the time to be creative while your ex husband is still living in your new house is EXHAUSTINGLY WRONG! Don’t be hard on yourself, and remember this too shall pass… G

Thanks, G! I missed you! Exhaustingly wrong sums it up. All for not leaving your daughter’s father homeless 🙄 I’ll get through. 🤗

2. Hope things get easier soon for you, Chin up 🙂

I’m taking deep breaths. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Thanks x

3. I’m so glad you’re back! I have missed you!
    I am so sorry things with Barely Husband aren’t going well. I hope things will get sort out soon!

I missed you too! Thank you for not giving up on me ❤️

4. mr. f. grey says:

Your absence is completely understandable! You’ve got a lot on your plate (and are probably lacking other “things” too). I, and we are here for you. I am definitely not the only one anxious to read more of your novels. Meanwhile, I’ll just re-read some of your previous works. 😉

Thank you for always being there and I’m sorry for neglecting our friendship. ❤️

5. Munky76 says:

I am glad to see you back. I have had to take a break from here myself and feel worse for it. I hope the BY issue that resolved soon, you deserve a bit of fun, as do we all.
    You have been missed, but I for one am just glad you’re back.

Thank you! To you and mighty Rosie.❤️

6. Zara says:

everyone needs a time out, no need to say sorry for that! glad you’re in YOUR home!
    sorry for the incompetence your having to deal with – i.e. solicitors and paperwork and anything legal and the BH still being there!!
    deep breaths, you’ll get there… xx

I am getting there. He’s tired of it too, at least. He’s bringing up divorce proceedings more and more lately so at least we’re on the same page. We both need a new start. Hope things are better for you too! ❤️

7. I can definitely relate, although other issues have been at hand in my corner then buying a house and the limited WiFi doesn’t make things easier. At times my head is just too full and just needs to vegetate away. Sending hugs and love my friend. Don’t worry we are not going anywhere and regardless of how often we talk, there is a solid bond that dates back to the beginning of both of our blogs 😉 xo

Vegetate away is a good way to put it. You’re my sister and the same is valid for you. You’re in my heart ❤️

1. Love you ❤️