I HATE HIM TODAY

Barely husband pulled one on me today. I didn’t see it coming.

He had joked about leaving Raven with me this weekend, when he found out about me seeing my friends. That was a few weeks ago.

Today, when I got home, my daughter was all excited that her dad had called her, asking if she wanted to spend the weekend with me. Of course she said yes.

When she told me, she noticed my shocked face. She expected celebrations, which didn’t come. It’s not that I don’t want her. The problem is that I, knowing barely husband would pick her up from drama at 1pm, had all my friends book trains arriving around noon. At the time she finishes, I was going to be at the train station, from where we would go shopping and spend all afternoon out. My mind went straight to that.

It’s clear to me that he’s done this on purpose. In his sick mind, my friends and I are going out to get completely drunk and pick up some guys on the way home. He doesn’t imagine that, out of my three friends, two are in stable relationships and two are the tamest 20 somethings you will ever meet (one is both).

I ended up arguing with him, with him using his usual guilt tripping game to make me feel like crap, because “he is being so wonderful and thoughtful and I’m being a bitch about it.”

The truth is, he is using Raven as a cockblock, not thinking of her feelings for a second. He didn’t think that, if I said no, it could sound like me rejecting her.

I talked to her and explained that she won’t have my undivided attention. She cried and told me she feels bad for butting in, but she really wants to stay with me.

Things have been tense between them. I know it. I have discussed it here.

My friends listened to me ranting and were very kind. Raven is staying. She is happy, still making me millions of promises not to disturb anyone. She doesn’t really have to.

It breaks my heart to see her like that and I hate him for it.

What a fucken ARSEHOLE. I hate him too- he KNOWS exactly what he’s doing… poor Raven… every Mum needs time to recharge with her girlfriends, we are not just mothers! He’s a dick

As usual, I’m the one to pick up the pieces. I’ll sort it out. Thank you for your support.

2. Zara says:

what a total DICK! you deserved a weekend with your friends. But don’t worry you’ll still have that weekend with them! You’ll set a great example to your daughter too showing her what good friends can be and do. She will see what a great mum you are all over again 🙂
    Dont let that arse ruin your weekend – adapt, still have fun! x

I talked a lot with my daughter about it. She sees what he’s doing now and offered to ask him to pick her up. She was crying. I know she wants to stay with me. It would break my heart to send her away.
      We will adapt – we always do – and will have lots of fun.

1. Zara says:

Bless her, she’s wise beyond her years by the sounds of it. Have a LOVELY weekend, both of you! x

She certainly is! We will have a great weekend! Thanks ❤️

3. What an ass, how can we even be surprised anymore. I’m so sorry…hugs

Not surprised at all. I should have expected it, to be honest. It’s all sorted now, thankfully.

1. Yeah but sometimes we are still caught of guard and he took advantage of it. Glad you could sort it all in the end.

4. I don’t mean to be mean but… what an asshole. Men are so careless about people’s feelings sometimes. My dad does it all the time too. It’s fucking horrible. I’m sorry you and your daughter are dealing with this shit. Hope you’re having the best weekend with your friends! 😘😘

The weekend was amazing in the end. I had to make adjustments but my friends were very nice and supportive about it. 😘😘

5. Yep, you got him pegged. Cockhole! He knew exactly what he was doing, but Raven will punish him in her own way, and each of these stunts he pulls is a step for her closer to saying she doesn’t really want to see him at all. Too bad he is so shortsighted. Karma’s a bitch.

You’re totally right that she will punish him one day. He pusher her further and further away with his antics. He will still be surprised, blame me and act like a total victim when it happens.