Claws Back Out

Things were too calm so barely husband decided to get his claws out again. Scarily, he didn’t lash out at me, he did it at Raven.

She likes to talk, crack jokes and be funny a lot of the time but, like every kid her age, she has her introspective moments. She appreciates some alone and quiet time.

She was with him this weekend and she was feeling like that. He took it personally, as if she was doing it to disrespect or defy him.

She told me he screamed at her for 30 minutes straight. I know those outbursts all too well. They used to be directed at me and, honestly, I wished they still were. Raven does not deserve them.

She started crying while he talked crap about my parenting skills, telling her I’m fucking up her upbringing by letting her do whatever she wants.

He wants her to be more considerate of other people’s feelings, of his feelings.

That’s when I laughed. I apologised to her for laughing but I realised he wants a pity party. He wants her to feel sorry for him and basically agree I’m the bitch who ruined his life.

Erm… Not gonna happen.

I think he got moody because I told him I’m spending Xmas with my friends in Belgium. Did he hope I’d spend it alone? Probably.

Dickhead.

1. Zara says:

Well done for making light of the situation and laughing it off. Sometimes that’s the best thing. You were the bigger person by not drawing Raven in to the middle of issues between you and BH. Continue to be there for her – you do an awesome job! x

I encouraged her to rant in the car on our drive back. She needed to let it all out. I know straight away when she’s upset. Then I took her to a nice restaurant to chill, where we changed the subject completely.
      Thank you for your support! ❤️

Sadly, when he’s angry, he doesn’t think. He lashes out and says horrible things. If he keeps this going, it won’t be long before she starts refusing to spend time with him. His loss.
      Big, big dickhead!

2. fattytomend says:

Wow. Thats not cool. I hope Ravens okay

She’s alright. Very pissed off with him but okay. I let her unwind last night, let it all out. If he wants to hurt his relationship with his daughter, it’s his loss.

1. fattytomend says:

Yeah exactly. And hell only realise it when its too late and the damage is done

3. A desperate attempt to let out the frustrations that sit with him. And a very low one at best. 😦

I prefer if he attacks me. This was a new low.

1. I know and a cowardly one at best. His own flesh and blood.

4. What an unfortunate scenario. He’s only hurting his future with Raven. Kids have a very long memory for those kinds of things. I hope he can move on.

She’s upset. She’s not looking forward to the time with him. If he keeps this going, very soon she will start refusing to see him. I’m sure that’s exactly what he doesn’t want.