Weekend Away

I have just returned from an amazing weekend in Belgium with friends who live there. It was a long weekend, filled with conversations, food and, of course, Belgian beers.

These friends went to high school with me, meaning we’ve known each other for almost 30 years. We lost contact somewhere in the middle but, after the wonderful Internet and a chat group on WhatsApp brought us back together, it was as if time had never passed.

Their jobs took them to Belgium, mine took me to England (the place I always come back to and feels like home); other friends are spread around the world but they are the closest distance wise. Only a 1:30h flight that cost me and Raven a meagre £58. It took me longer to actually make it to the airport with the mad traffic on Friday because of half term school holidays!

We stayed with one of them, his wife and daughters. First night there, it was almost 5 AM before we noticed. The conversation had been flowing faster than the drinks, accompanied by the fantastic board below.

The other friend came around the following day with his wife and daughters. We had a barbecue, Brazilian style, more beer and even more chatting and laughter.

Raven and the girls also had a blast and I lost count of how many Snapchat pictures and videos I’ve seen of them.

I have finally opened up to them about my separation. There was no need for pity, I’m fine and they see it, still with concern.

I am hopefully going back for Christmas. Raven is going away with her dad but I won’t be alone anymore.

Oh how wonderful to pop over to Belgium for 58 quid! So envious, & I’m delighted you had such a good time 😃

I couldn’t believe it! I have to check more of these flights around me and I will definitely use this route again.

2. Sophia says:

Oh it’s SO good to hear you happy! 💃
    The views are spectacular- so is the food!

It’s great to feel happy! My friends live in a village off Mons. It’s a cute little place with lots of history. It was fun to visit but being among friends, having fun, without a single worry was definitely the highlight.
      I took a picture of the moon from the plane and thought of you. It’s not a great picture. No matter what I did, it was still blurred. Maybe next time. 😉

3. Sophia says:

Oh my gosh I was thinking of YOU because it’s Full Moon week!😃yaaaaas I was! You are so so kindXO!
    I loved everything about your post, not only is happiness evident, but I love the thought of reconnecting with old friends, getting on a plane to visit and enjoy them and the beautiful setting with Raven– those are moments lived you remember in years to come. Your experience was LIFE to soul- I’ll say it again: it is SO good to see you HAPPY!

Naughty full moon is coming back and guess what happened last night? Dream! What a dream! I need that to be my reality!
      I’m still buzzing from the weekend and ready to go back for Christmas. I’m meeting a friend tonight and that’s great too. I’m slowly getting there, rebuilding friendships, getting my own life back. I just wish I had a naughty friend who lived closer. I seem to make friends with people who live far only. I blame the Internet! 😂😂😂