HOW FAR?

These two words have been echoing in my mind all week. There are so many implications, situations and applications.

How far can someone push you before you break? How far do you let them go to preserve your relationship? Each person will have a different answer to these same questions and, truth be told, to every single question with these two words, unless you are talking about a measured distance, of course.

Even when talking about measured distance itself, the question can be ‘How far can your loved one be for it to still work?’

We are in a world connected by the wonderful internet. Messages travel thousands of miles in seconds and you are able to meet people you would never have met otherwise. You make friends like this. I certainly have. I have met a few in person and they’re not ‘online friends’ anymore. They are FRIENDS.

Others, who live further away, have connected with me on my personal social network. They know my real name, my face, see pictures of me with my daughter and I access the same info. We have each other’s phone numbers and we are free to call.

It’s a great dynamic but my question remains: how far?

It’s a subtle shift for one of these ‘friends’ to turn into more. Can you fall in love with someone so far away from you?

I am talking to someone. I can’t say I am in love but we have become what each other needs right now: someone who cares, someone who understands and someone who listens; Someone who wants, someone who desires and someone who feels.

We are friends and we help each other through with 4129 miles between us. We make one another smile when things get really tough.

I don’t believe we could make it work in this case. There are other complications that I am well aware of and that we often talk about, but what if that special person lives just as far?

How far will you go for love?

1. Zara says:

I’d miss the personal touches, nothing beats a hug or snuggle time or the face to face ‘real’ interaction. But maybe that’s just because I’m old school? Friends are friends though and I have made it work with distance between us (this has only worked for same sex friends, guys tend to drift away).

This is one of my ‘what if’ moments. What if I fell madly in love with someone who is so far away?
      There comes a moment when the physical contact becomes essential. I know it does for me. That’s the conundrum.
      It’s not something I have to worry about right now but what if?

1. Zara says:

Let’s hope you don’t have to find out and fall for someone close. Even if you fall for someone far away he may be worth moving for xx

I guess I’ll have to wait and see, trusting the universe to guide me. πŸ˜‰

2. You know I’m a believer in the Fairytale and I believe anything is possible if it is meant to be. If the feeling is mutual, who is to say that you could stand living that far from each other? Maybe a solution (move) could be in the stars. I believe that love will find a way, especially if it is true love. Either way, I think its awesome and I’m glad you have somebody go confine in. Xoxoxo

It’s one more complication of our modern world, isn’t it? I have to trust the power if the universe to take me in the right direction. 😘

1. Absolutely but they say if you trust and believe, you will receive what you put out into the universe. You have nothing to lose and you might find yourself pleasantly surprised. Hugs πŸ˜‰

Look, as you know, I’m in love with someone 1600kms away… it’s not what I was looking for, and it’s not easy. Seeing each other once a month feels like the bare minimum that keeps it ‘real’, and is also financially manageable… it’s tricky… But I’m learning so much, even through all the spaces and the writings/phone calls… I guess just wait and see what happens? Always more challenging when there are kids involved though… Enjoy the support and connection you are feeling though, and remember that’s what you’re looking for, and what you deserve xO

I thought a lot about you while writing this post. It’s the point when the relationship means more than just the physical connection but that side is still essential and you have to make it work. And you do.
      1600Km is a lot but almost seems next door when I’m faced with possibly 6600Km and a child who is going to depend on me for a few years still.
      I am enjoying it, but I know it’s not sustainable in this case. πŸ’–πŸ’™

Yes, I was wondering if you’d thought about me and my situation- I’m glad I can provide some advice- it does sound a bit TOO challenging… but it’s also a good sign that you know what you are looking for in terms of interactions and support xOO

I always think of you, your adventures and where they led you and how you deal with these modern world interactions. You do remarkably well, even if you don’t think so. It’s hard.
        I hope I find my way through this, especially this TOO challenging period. Thank you! 😘