Back to Reality…

…And it sucks!

I came back from my wonderful holiday to a week of total chaos and utter hell at work. Wow.

I hate when I get so exhausted that I start making stupid mistakes. My brain was all fuzzy, my brain cells completely fried and, by Friday, I wasn’t thinking anymore.

I hate that I didn’t have time to write. Writing has been my safe haven for over a year. Last week, there was a meagre post on this blog wishing the week to end and there was no chapter uploaded to Wattpad. That was a big fail. It’s so frustrating!

Mom left on Saturday and I drove her to the airport early morning. I was sad to see her go. We have bonded over these two months she spent here. Barely husband was being less of a dick than usual and even came to say good bye. He’s always had a good relationship with my mom, often better than he does with his own.

Today I had a special tattoo sitting. My artist doesn’t usually work on Sundays but he made an exception for me. I’ve had a total of 14 hours of work on it and it’s so worth it. I’ve had people ask me to take pictures of my tattoo. There’s no bigger compliment.

I’m still tired and dreading the week ahead. I can only hope it’s going to be better than the last.

Thank you for the messages of support, including a few e-mails from concerned friends. I am alright, just very tired.

I know this post is lame but I needed to let you know I’m fine.

1. Hang in there – it will get better. Get as much rest as you can tonight. I wish things would settle down for you!

This Monday hasn’t been too bad. It has been quite peaceful. I hope I don’t jinx it and it stays like this.

2. Zara says:

Hope you feel better, a multivitamin plus iron tablet a day helped me.
    Also post holiday blues, have something new to look forward to… xx

It was a hectic week and I didn’t have time to do anything for me. Or whenever I did, I was simply too tired. I’m better now, thanks. And iron always helps. 😊

1. Zara says:

Glad you’re better πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

3. Hope this shitty time ends soon! ❀️

I’m better now. Exhaustion took over and the world was an awful place for a while but I’m good now.

4. I hope things have settled a bit for you and I can so relate. Life is kinda crazy and moving super fast right now, and Germany is around the corner. I have some anxiety and hope all goes well. Sending a big hug y our way.

My advice in dealing with mothers is to simply have patience. I had to find the balance with my mom but it has done wonders for our relationship. You will find your balance too!
      Things have settled indeed. Holiday life is great but doesn’t pay the bills. In fact, it creates more of them! Hahaha.
      We got this, my friend!

1. Great advice and I’m sure you are right on. I will definitely try it when I’m there a d keep you posted. Thank you for being there and for understanding.