A Proper Holiday

Exactly a year ago, we went on a family holiday. Things with barely husband had gotten really bad a few weeks before but I managed to calm things down enough so we could go.

I was still desperately trying to fix things, I was scared and broken. The post I managed to publish was called Doomed Holiday.

A lot has happened since then. Divorce is just a matter of time and I feel free. I’m not scared anymore. Of course I still worry about sorting things out and not troubling Raven’s life more than we already have, but I feel good and happy.

To celebrate this, I am with Raven and mom in Portugal, on a girly holiday. We came to the place where my grandma was born. That represents four generations of women in our family.

It’s been a lovely time, very relaxed and fun. Mom had a moment in her constant fight with depression but I think we’re past it. Little things going wrong affect her massively nowadays. In this case, it was just a little mix up at the hotel meaning we couldn’t get the room type we had booked for the first two nights. I sorted it but she was already in a spiral. Giving her support, followed by space works, I have learned.

I decided to share some pictures of us. I hope you enjoy them!

Hurray! Enjoy πŸŽ‰πŸ’ƒπŸ»

I certainly will! 😘

2. Zara says:

That is one kick arse tattoo!!! Love it!!! Glad you’re having a fun holiday! And wow 4 generations of girl power!! Woohoooooo πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ‘

Thank you! It’s a work in progress, as you can see. It’s an old dream and, when I’m done, there’ll be no skin left on my back. Lol
      My grandmother is represented in the spirit of the place but, yes, 4 generations of girl power!

3. Hope you’re having the best holiday! You definitely deserve it! Great tattoo!! 😘❀️🀘

It’s been great, very relaxing. It’s exactly what I needed.
      The tattoo is coming together. Each sitting makes me smile more and more. 😊

4. Wow awesome, the Tat is coming along and what a great way to get away. Xoxo