Money… Again!

After keeping me awake in his quest for my admission of guilt, barely husband descended to a new low.

Money arguments aren’t new to our playbook. I’m always the one to be financially punished for my ‘shortcomings’, whatever they may be.

This time around, he was trying to charge me £80 for his rental contract renewal. Ridiculous, I thought. His apartment is his responsibility, like I have taken responsibility for ALL house costs and that includes him getting half of what I’m paying in when we eventually sell it.

I was at work and couldn’t scream at him like I would have liked (blessing or curse? You choose).

He threatened me to charge me for all the costs during the year I was unemployed. When I mention the year he was unemployed, he says that was because of me  – due to moving to the UK because I wanted to come back and because of my job – and, because that was agreed, it doesn’t count. It’s my fault, he says.

But me losing my job because the company shut down is also my fault, according to him, as if it’s my deserved punishment, and he owes me nothing. Great marriage, when it’s one way, always favouring him.

It sucks! Big time!

I ended up being duped on over £400 on Raven’s expenses to make him shut up and leave me alone. I’m buying my peace.

I can’t be buying it forever. We have some legal ramblings to be sorted before I can fight back. I don’t want him to accuse me of kicking him out of the country to make him lose contact with his daughter.

When these final, legal, steps are taken, he better be ready, because I will come down on him like a sledgehammer. It’s a promise.

1. Just swinging through here, so tell me to pound sand if you don’t like my advice, but I’m a huge fan of taking care of oneself… If you’re taking care of yourself, then anything else that is his is totally his. Don’t buy (ha! funny pun) into his crap.

I promised myself this would be the last time. I’m sticking to it.

1. Bravo to you, because I know its easier said than done!

Trust me, I know!

2. whiskyburden says:

Hi. Three Things; why does He need Your money? As a father of an adult daughter finishing up school, your independents is hart warming. Lastly, i wish they had a better choice than just a like button.

He doesn’t need my money at all. In his sick mind, he is trying to prove to me I’m better off with him. However, he achieves the exact opposite and makes me sure I’m am much better off without him. Thanks!

Your tales of his behaviour make me very grumpy; I can’t wait for you to be sorted and free of his crap manipulations!

I can’t wait either. Looking up divorce proceedings right now. I wish it was simpler…

4. Ugh! I want to punch him! Charge you for a period of time when you were unemployed? Charge you for his separate living arrangement now when you are paying for the house? What a dick. Don’t back down one inch girl. Tell him to go fuck himself.

I wanted to punch him! He has gone too far this time.

1. This bit of anger will serve you well. Hold on to it while you need to, to get through this.

5. Zara says:

don’t let him talk you in to paying, they just create arguments so that we cave in and pay up. Let it be the last time! Bring on the sledge – hammer time!

6. Pitiful and one of the last straws to get under your skin. Chin up it will pass like you said and won’t be like this forever

I get angry, my blood boils and then I let it go. I can’t let him affect me and my mood.

1. One step at a time. Xo

It drives me nuts when he does that but I don’t let the anger linger. That would give him power and I definitely don’t want that. ❤️