I Need a Drink

Mom’s at it again. She’s acting like a toddler throwing a tantrum. For the stupidest reason.

Our dog has a skin condition that, every time the weather gets hot, sores from a fungal infection appear. The treatment is bathing with medicated shampoo and athlete’s foot cream directly to the sores.

Since mom arrived, she’s been telling me not to worry, that she’s going to bathe the dog. Every morning she says ‘I’m going to do it today.’ Every evening, when I come back from work, she says ‘I was busy today so I’m going to do it tomorrow.’

This morning I saw that his sores had drastically spread. It doesn’t matter if I put medication on: he’s dirty, with hard crusts covering the sores. I decided this was the limit.

When I got home to a dirty dog, I walked him and took him straight to the bathroom. She told me to leave him, that she would do it tomorrow and I told her that he was too bad – I couldn’t wait any more.

I didn’t say it in a nasty way: I was pleasant, smiling even. It is my responsibility, after all. I came out of the bathroom to the news that mom was crying in the bedroom, telling Raven to leave but still saying she was fine.

I tried to talk – she didn’t want to; I called her to eat – she said she wasn’t hungry, a typical reaction from her: refusing to eat just like a little child does.

Even Raven is annoyed by it. I decided to serve myself a large dose of whisky and enjoy it instead.

Raven thanked me for not being a downer bitch again. Today is her dad’s birthday and he’s being emo: he hates birthdays. He says they mean you are a year closer to death.

Cheers! I’m still happy, sexy mamma!

1. C★ says:

this caught my eye and i enjoyed the read… get some neem oil for the dog’s sores and make sure its not ringworm as it is highly contagious to humans and a bitch to get rid of!

Thank you. I’ll try it. It’s not ringworm. The test came back negative. We spent a small fortune with vets just to fund out what it isn’t. We still don’t know what it is exactly.

1. C★ says:

also tea tree (melaleuca) oil…

2. Raven’s dad philosophy about birthdays is quite depressing! I’m sorry your mom’s visit isn’t going so well. Stay strong 😘❤️

I expected this. It’s like having a second child, a toddler at home. She was fine this morning, as if nothing happened.
      And barely husband’s philosophy has always been that depressing. He hates birthdays. A massive contrast to his daughter. Hehehe!

1. I’m not particularly fond of birthdays either, but come on! Anyway, sometimes moms are difficult. From a daughter’s point of view, sometimes I feel like she does not understand me. We have a good relationship, but sometimes there is a wall between us. I applaud your open relationship with Raven 😘

Thank you! I try my best to have the relationship I always wanted but didn’t have.

3. I knew I wouldn’t make it if I wouldn’t end my marriage after 14 years. It was the most brutal, hardest thing I have ever done, and a good merlot followed me loyally through it, which wasn’t always a good thing. I hear you, and I am sending you much strength and love!!!!

Thank you. I have had my moments and sometimes I do need a drink but it’s not the most important part. At least not anymore. Of course dealing with my mother acting like a toddler is far from helpful but I’ve learned how to work it. I have made a decision to be happy no matter what and it’s my intention to stick to it.

1. That’s the way to go about it. Stick to the path. I am sure you are guarded well.

4. How frustrating! Your mom should have dealt with it after she offered to, or just not offered. Either would have been fine… And then to throw a tantrum when called out on her bad behavior – ugh… Hope pup feels better soon. My horse has struggled with skin conditions like this. It is a huge pain to wash a horse daily in the dead of winter, and then dry him with a blow-dryer so he doesn’t get chilled. I feel your pain…

The worst is I didn’t even call her out. I simply decided to do it as it couldn’t wait any longer.
      It’s a pain! I was washing him again yesterday (x3) : antiseptic shampoo, antifungal cleansing and antifungal medication. He doesn’t mind the rubbing, I think but he doesn’t enjoy being wet. Sigh.

5. Be careful with tea tree oil. I have seen it give animals blisters if left on the skin. I would recommend washing it off.