BEAUTIFUL YELLOW

Yellow is not one of my favourite colours. I admit that I even have a certain dislike for most of its shades.

Maybe it’s because it really does not go with my skin tone, meaning wearing yellow clothes makes me look like I have jaundice.

One of my favourite sights, however, is the most beautiful, bright yellow of the rapeseed fields that blossom all over the UK in spring.

Seen from far away, when in full bloom, they look like the most beautiful carpet.

I had promised my dear friend Rhapsody Bohรจme that I would try to capture their magic to show her.

My roadside pictures, taken with my mobile phone today, as I drove past and the sun came out from behind the clouds that have been insisting on blocking it all week for a brief moment, will never match the magnificence of her pictures but I hope at least the brightness and happiness of the yellow comes through.

Seeing these fields always makes me smile. I hope it does the same to you.

1. tarnishedsoul says:

Simply beautiful!

It is, isn’t it? I just love that sight!

2. Ms browns says:

Well captured! This is a majik carpet ๐ŸŒž

Thank you! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’–โ˜€๏ธ

3. Stunning flowers, but I have always hated that it is called rapeseed…

Me too! I cringe every time I say the name. I much prefer the Portuguese ‘canola’.

4. Yes, yes, yes, I love it and we have them in Germany too. Thank you so much for taking those beautiful images, but just like you and BLT, the name is something I don’t care for either haha. Guess that makes three of us and what amazing company it is. Hugs my friend.

I’ve always found them one of the most beautiful sights and I eagerly wait for their blossom from the end of every winter.
      I often imagine the three of us meeting up and sharing stories over a (few) bottle(s) of wine. Maybe one day ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’–

1. That would be wonderful and I can truly picture it. ๐Ÿ˜‰โค one day sounds like it could definitely become reality. Xo โค