NEW FRIENDS

This weekend provided the perfect opportunity for a new start. No, I have not jumped into another relationship. I had a girly weekend, something I hadn’t had in roughly 14 years.

This weekend had been planned for a while. It would be the weekend when my worlds would cross paths. I would spend it with three ladies I hadn’t met in person before; three Wattpad writers like me, who I met through reading and commenting on each other’s works.

A fourth friend wouldn’t be able to attend as the only member of our little group who lives in America but we made sure to include her by sending her a ton of photos and having a Skype session.

It was amazing! I have no words to describe how great it was. We were chatting all the way through. It was never awkward, even though we are very different people, from different backgrounds and ages, ranging from early 20s to almost 50. Me and another took our daughters with us.

My ‘imaginary’ friends, as barely husband called them, became very real indeed. They were exactly who they said they were and so was I. There was no middle aged, fat, bearded man catfishing anyone. It was just us.

We didn’t touch the topic of my marriage. They know there are problems but I just didn’t want to talk about it. I wanted it to simply be a happy start of our very real friendship.

I loved every second of it! Thank you, ladies!

1. tarnishedsoul says:

I’m soooo jealous! You have no idea how bad I need a girly weekend!

I’m glad you had fun. 😊

We have to plan a WordPress one then! 😉

1. tarnishedsoul says:

Ha! Count me in! 😆

2. That’s so nice! Glad you enjoyed your weekend!

It was great! We all want to do it again and I would love to have a WordPress one! 😘

3. ZiZi says:

Yay!!!!! Some of my best friends on the planet I met from an online diary site…15 years and we are still strong!

It was truly amazing! We are still on our group chat as I type this. We have done this every single day for a few months and I love them to bits. I’m glad you share this experience! 💚

4. Wonderful!! So happy for you, you deserve it!!

I am happy too! It’s a new start and I needed this so much! Thanks xx