COUNSELLING

We start relationship counselling on Friday.

I remember when I first suggested it, months ago, before things were so bad, he refused, saying it was waste of time and money.

I agree it’s not cheap but now that he’s desperate, he’s willing to go and even found the therapist by himself.

I don’t think our relationship can be saved but I am following the advice of a couple of friends, one of which went through counselling but her marriage could not be saved. She said at least it helped them end it on good terms.

I go in with an open mind and I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I hope we come out of it in a better mindset than we go in.

1. Xoxoxo hang in there the best you can. Everything will develop as it is meant to be.
    You know how much I care and what a fan I am of your work. So I threw another award your way but don’t feel pressured or obligated. It’s just hard not to mention you when it comes to those things and participate if you want to and if you feel it. Hugs xoxoxo

Hanging in there ad best as I can. Thank you for always being here.
      I’ll check the award when I try to catch up later on today. Thank you for thinking of me💖

1. You are very welcome 😉❤️

2. I hope this will help you… Maybe you won’t fix your relationship, but being in good terms is equally as important…

That’s why I agreed to go. I don’t expect miracles. And I honestly think he needs it more than I do. 💖

3. fattytomend says:

I truly believe all relationships can heal if both partners are willing to get out their negative loops and practice healthier conflict and communication. Gottman,on hi website, has a great starting point: recognising the four horsemen and practising the antidotes. Rebuilding trust is hard but it’s doable if both people keep trying. All the best. Look forward to how it goes. For the record my first session left me incredibly angry. I wrote a ten pages of everything that angered me and how i felt it would never work and then threw it away. My therapist alerted me to the most important thing in strengthening a relationship: it doesn’t matter what happened or who said what or that he cheated repeatedly. It’s about whether both people love each other and want to stay in the relationship. Because there’s no right and wrong. Conflict can never be resolved. You can only become masters at handling conflict. He didn’t say any of this to me directly. It’s just what I realised from how he handled us after three sessions

We are communicating like we’ve never done before but it hasn’t been enough. There’s no break in trust but the emotional connection is gone, deteriorated over years. I think that may be even harder to rebuild than trust. I don’t know.
      I am trying to keep an open mind. I have no idea how it works but I’m willing to try. We’ll find out, I guess.

1. fattytomend says:

Holding thumbs. Hug

Thanks! Hug! 😊

4. My husband and I did counseling. After so many years of him refusing, I initially didn’t think it would help. At the very first session he told me he didn’t want to be married anymore. Maybe it will help one or both of you finally come to terms with where you are, and where you need to be, where ever that is. Hugs. Take care of yourself – it is an emotional process.

In our case, I have told him that I want a divorce when he cornered me. He didn’t expect it and went backwards. I’m not sure we can fix it but I am sure he needs this.
      It is an emotional process indeed. Thank you for your support. Hugs.