IT’S PERSONAL

Raven has taken barely husband’s latest attack on my sexuality in a bad way.

She finds it offensive and a personal attack on her.

He has sensed something and started asking me questions regarding her ‘knowledge’ of LGBTQ+ issues. He wants to know what she’s told me.

I promised her I wouldn’t tell him. It’s up to her to open up when she feels ready. I offer her unconditional acceptance but she doesn’t feel she’ll get the same from her dad.

He blames his upbringing, which wasn’t too different from mine. He says I had the chance to see another perspective and be comfortable with it, he hasn’t.

She called me out yet again. She said because it’s a personal attack, I shouldn’t have to think anymore. I feel like I have to, for her, to make her life easier.

She’s braver than me. I’m scared of what reality might be.

1. You have a strong girl there. She will be just fine out there in the world. Her spitfire nature will serve her well, I am sure. And although your husband isn’t there yet, it sounds like a good development that he is at least open to talking about it and accepting that his perspective is, well, antiquated…

She is and I am very proud of her. I’ll take all the heat now so she doesn’t have to in the future even though I know she would be fine anyway. Thank you 💖

2. tarnishedsoul says:

I’ve come to believe that pausing during stressful times is important. All of us have our own ways of dealing with life and sometimes we have to take a step back and let things go the way they would, naturally.

I’m trying to pause and breathe. He’s not very good at that. He wants a magical solution that won’t happen. 💖

1. tarnishedsoul says:

Remember you have no control over him, he is responsible for his own decisions.

I know but I fear the consequences of my decisions. I am scared.

3. tarnishedsoul says:

Do you ever list pros and cons with your decisions?

Another friend asked me to do something similar. I said I would but haven’t got around to it. I think I should. 💙

5. tarnishedsoul says:

Your friend sounds absolutely brilliant!
        😆