It’s a new year and the first playlist of 2017 will bring something different. I have decided to go international! None of the songs listed is in English. At least not the original versions. They still mean a lot to me and, once again, will show my eclectic taste.
1. Caruso – Lucio Dalla (Italy) – One of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard
2. Pour Que Tu M’Aimes Encore – Celine Dion (Canada) – I’m not cheating! This is very early Celine Dion, sung in French.
3. Papaoutai – Stromae (Belgium) – I love the beat and especially the lyrics
4. Oceano – Djavan (Brazil) – I was still a child when I first heard this song. When it reaches the chorus, it’s the most beautiful ocean tide.
5. 99 Luftballons – Nena (Germany) – I grew up listening to this.
6. Blood, Sweat and Tears – BTS (South Korea) – Best of K-POP! Why not?
7. Angel – Jon Secada (Cuba) – He was raised in America and there’s a well known English version of this song but it’s the original in Spanish that brings the raw emotion to me.
8. Pick Me Up – Perfume (Japan) – Love me some J-POP! The song title is in English but it’s mostly sung in Japanese.
9. L’Uomo Col Megafono – Daniele Silvestri (Italy) – I know I have Italy twice but I really couldn’t choose between these two songs. An Italian friend introduced me to this song in 1996. I never forgot it.
10. Voyage voyage – Desireless (France) – Another one I grew up listening to.
Hope you enjoy my randomness!