NOVEMBER PLAYLIST

A new month requires a new playlist. I am feeling more mellow than usual and the songs will show. Maybe a little too much heartbreak but I’m running with it as I do love the songs.

As usual, I hope you enjoy my musical mood swings and random mind.

1. Gravity – Sara Bareilles

2.Β Other Side of the World – KT Tunstall

3. Wasting Love – Iron Maiden

4. Freedom – Rage Against the Machine

5. Damien Rice – Volcano

6. Crawling – Linkin Park

7. Lose Yourself – Eminem

8. Heartless – The Fray

9. Just Looking – Stereophonics

10. No Ordinary Love – Sade

1. Henry says:

Beautiful mix! I have never heard that Iron Maiden tune (Wasting Love) before (then, I am not much of an IM fan) and I have to say that I enjoyed it. Rage has always had my ear and attention (I love Tom Morello’s guitar playing and composing styles). Sade..well, since I first heard her in the early 80s and the smooth, airy voice, I was in love with her music!

1. MLYGhost says:

Thank you! I’m really happy you enjoyed it. I listen to anything as I’m not genre biased but rock has always been my favourite and I do love some metal. 😊
      A lot of people stay away from it thinking it’s just a lot of screaming but I love the heavy instrumentation and the lyrics have a lot of depth. All my choices are quite lyric heavy this month. Very fitting…

1. Henry says:

Thank you for introducing me to that song! I am very eclectic in my musical interests. What I listen to is truly based upon how I feel. I love metal and hard rock but was never much of a Maiden-guy, so this song is refreshing. I agree with your assessment. As a kid who grew up playing classical music (violin), I understand the complexities of the composition and progression within the songs. Yes…it isn’t just screaming and silly lyrics about female body parts (as This Is Spinal Tap would have people believe).

I am thinking of sharing a playlist of my own (within my blog) if that wouldn’t be an imposition.

2. MLYGhost says:

This is the third playlist I do. It’s a bit of fun because I love music. You’re welcome to do yours. I might discover something too!
        I too grew up playing classical music, in my case piano, and the orchestration is closer to metal than people realise.
        Btw, silly lyrics about female body parts is an accurate description of current pop music. πŸ˜‰

3. Henry says:

Sadly, there is very little current music that triggers any interest within my being. I have a very hard time with sampling (as the core “instrumentation”) and redundant drum and percussion tracks combined with auto-tuned vocals. I understand that this is what constitutes popular music. When I see a person who has been immersed in this for so long, finally sit down and listen to a composition – anything with musicianship, substantive lyrics (i.e. poetry), complexities of sound, etc. and the lights suddenly turn on in their soul, it is a good thing.

2. Yes yes yes, I was waiting for this and I just love and always look forward to your playlist. Thank you for sharing.
    I have an idea, music related as well and as soon as I figure out how to embed the darn videos, I shall get going. I think I’m on the mobile YouTube site and there just is no embed button lol. I can copy and paste the link but then on,y the darn link shows but anyways. I’m rambling on and hole you are doing well. Always in my thoughts my beautiful friend and sister ❀️

1. MLYGhost says:

Thank you! When I do the playlist I use the computer because I have to go back and forth from YouTube to get the links so I’m not sure how to do it on mobile. It’s probably some silly selection or setting we have to spend hours looking for when it’s right in our faces all along! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1. I will try the PC and I think that might be the problem but I’m not for sure yet.

3. happynfull says:

Brings back so many good memories!

1. MLYGhost says: