As well as being a declared bookworm, I love music. It’s been part of my life since I can remember, even if my taste has drastically changed over the years and is nothing like my parents’. Maybe my mom’s but in their difficult marriage that is something else she muted herself on.
I came home from school many times to my Linkin Park or Faith no More CD blasting in my room. That was my mom listening to the rock she loved so much when young but that my dad hated.
That is something I refused to compromise on. Well, two things: my books and my music. And I have a very eclectic taste.
With that in mind, I want to do a monthly playlist: 10 songs I like, from any genre, any decade. I’m sure it will go all over the place and I hope you all like it!
1. Drive – Halsey
2. Shine – Years & Years
3. Writing to Reach You – Travis
4. Tag, you’re it/Milk and Cookies – Melanie Martinez
5. Broken Wings – Mr Mister
6. With You – Linkin Park
7. Thnks fr th mmrs – Fall Out Boy (I refuse to have Kim Kardashian in my blog so I’ll link to the Nightcore version)
8. Teardrop – Massive Attack
9. Bloodstream – Ed Sheeran
10. Take me Home – Pentatonix